Set As Your Home Page

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Aravindhan to set foot in K’town

Cinemimi [Wednesday, March 21, 2012]
Aravindhan is keeping his fingers crossed! The young, Canada-based filmmaker is making his debut in a Tamil flick titled Kadhal Pisase, which is soon to hit the marquee. He has not only directed the film, but also acted as the lead protagonist. Says Aravindhan, who has done a stint in Toronto Film School, “I am passionate about Tamil cinema and a regular at the first-day-first-show of any Tamil movie that gets released in Canada. I was listening to a few scripts to launch myself as a filmmaker in Tamil movies. Thangavel, an assistant to K.S. Ravikumar, narrated an action script and I grabbed it immediately. It’s a gangster subject which was meant for a big hero. But, all the actors here were busy and finally, I took a call to plunge into acting. I hope I have pulled it off.” He has Mithuna and Anitha Reddy for company. Santhanam has a parallel role to the hero. “Santhanam’s comedy is the highlight of the movie”, says Aravindhan. The music, in Brindhan’s composition, has been received well.

 
Photography Templates | Slideshow Software