Set As Your Home Page

Friday, November 25, 2011

Vimala Raman 'unaware' of 'Dam 999' story

Cinemimi[Friday, November 25, 2011]
Even as the Tamil Nadu government issued a ban on screening 'Dam 999', a controversial film which is allegedly on the Mullaperiyar issue, Vimala Raman, who has played a crucial role in the movie, has distanced herself from its knot.

"I am an NRI who was born and brought up in Australia. I honestly don't know anything about Mullaperiyar issue. When director Sohan Roy narrated the script to me, I accepted the offer impressed by the storyline and my character," she says.

The 'Raman Thediya Seethai' and 'Poi' actress adds: "I hardly imagined that the film would kick off such a controversy. I am sure that I did not have intention to hurt the sentiments of anyone and I viewed the film from only cinematic perspective."

Vimala, who is currently shooting for a Telugu movie in Manali, says she was told that the movie was based a true story about the disaster caused in 1975 by a dam at Banqiuo, in China. On the uproar caused by the film, she says, "I came to know through friends that the film was banned in Tamil Nadu."
Vimala Raman bedroom scens
Vimala Raman bedroom
Vimala Raman hot picture
Vimala Raman
Vimala Raman hot stills

0 comments:

 
Photography Templates | Slideshow Software